Saturday, December 21, 2013

One by One

 


Last year during this time I was traveling back to CT from Salt Lake City. Here I was sitting in the Salt Lake City airport awaiting my oh-so-great red eye flight. As I looked around I could feel the stress on everyone's face. Every one was anxious to get home to their families (including myself). My flight had been delayed once again, but I tried not to let it get to me. As I boarded the plane I rushed into my window seat, plopped my pillow, put on my seat belt and just before I was going to fall asleep a lady tapped my shoulder. She asked if I could switch seats with her so she could sit with her husband. I immediately said yes, not thinking that her seat was all the way in the back of the plane. Thinking about this experience I realized that Heavenly Father had prompted me to forget myself and just help that "one". She said "thank you" and smiled. 

Even though we only have a couple days before Christmas I would invite all of you to step back for a second and reach out to just "one". I know that Christmas craziness can sometimes feel inevitable, but if you look to the Lord for guidance I promise he will lead you to someone that you can serve. It may be something as simple as holding the door, smiling, or letting someone ahead of you in line. Whatever you do, if you do it with love those around you will feel the same love the Savior had when we came down to earth. 

"And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." Mosiah 2:17



READY, SET, GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment