Saturday, September 21, 2013

    With General Conference coming up in 2 weeks I can't help but be excited for whats to come. Growing up, my family would dress up for conference and go to our chapel to watch it. We got way too distracted being in my house so going to church made us all focus. During my first year at BYU-I I got to go to a General Conference session for the first time! It was a pretty BIG deal since I had never been to one. We went to the Sunday morning session and got to our seats extra early because we wanted to sit as close as we could. I remember when President. Monson came out followed by the 12 apostles, it was all surreal to me. Before conference started I sat down thinking of how many people were gathered at their meeting houses or homes to watch/hear General Conference all around the world. I also thought about people who traveled thousands of miles just to be in the same room as the prophet. I had only drove 3 1/2 hours from Idaho. It made me grateful for the opportunity to be in the same room as these men. President Monson gave a talk on temples. I don't remember everything that was said that day, but looking back at some of the talks I realize now what really inspired me to start attending the temple more. Going to the temple has to be one of the best things. There is a certain peace there that can be felt no where else. 
   Just a year ago, President. Monson came out with the announcement of the age change for missionaries. I didn't know then that I would be serving a mission, but I know Heavenly Father did, and that he had been preparing me long before. So much has happened since that announcement and it has been amazing to see the response. I am so grateful to be part of this change and to see the Lord's work hastening. I love sharing the gospel because I love to see the change it can bring into someone's life. There is no greater feeling than to see someone else allow Christ in their life and see the difference it makes. 
      

Needless to say, I like General Conference a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment