Friday, October 4, 2013

Slow down ...

I'm the kind of person that constantly needs to be doing something because as soon as I have "down time" I loose motivation to do things. Coming home after my first semester of college was hard. I was used to going from one place to another and constantly being busy. Above the rest, I think I missed most having people who had the same standards as me. Growing up I didn't have many friends who were members of the church. I had a good group of friends that respected my beliefs, but it wasn't exactly the same. These group of friends have taught me a lot throughout the years. They made me want to be a strong member of the church because they knew it was something that was important to me therefore, I never wanted to give them the wrong idea about what it means to be a member of the church. Coming on a mission and serving the Lord has been the best decision I've made so far. I can't imagine doing something different with my time right now and every day I learn just exactly where I am here. There is so much that needs to be done on a day to day bases of mission life. Even though at times we're not exactly sure what the day will brings us, it is always rewarding to know that whoever we taught or talked to that day brought them a little closer to our Savoir. Tomorrow and Sunday we get that opportunity to slow down a little bit and hear the prophet speak! So take that time from all the craziness of your day to listen to what the prophet and apostles have to say to us. I promise that there will be something for each of you.


These are some pictures of General Conference last Fall :)

\

 


 

 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment