Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I love to see the temple


I love the Manhattan Temple! There's something about going into the crazy city of New York and being able to enter the temple, and it instantly becoming silent. It amazes me every time. The Manhattan temple is unique. It's unlike many of the other temples. Growing up my dad was not always a member. Although I knew he knew the church was true I knew that he had to make that decision on this own. I think being an example to him helped him with his decision to get baptized, along with all the many patient missionaries that came in and out of my house. He was already great, but I knew the Gospel would change him in a different way. I remember being sealed in the Manhattan Temple with my family for time and all eternity. I didn't understand at that moment really what was going on, but I knew that I was going to be with my family forever and that's all that mattered. I remember going as a family to do baptisms or going with our youth group. There was such a peace there.When I was at BYU-I we did baptisms as a ward at the Idaho Falls Temple. After we were done, we sat in the chapel and our Bishop talked to us for a bit. Something he said has always stood out to me. He said that "many times when we leave the temple and refer to the world as "reality" but really when we enter the temple we are in reality. Nothing is more real then being able to be in the house of The Lord.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment